Changes to my Film Trailer

05:13



Because my trailer was lacking tension and fear, which is often a given in horror trailers, I decided to incorporate some fear into my trailer. I didn't want it to be too obvious so I used an overlay method to put in a silhouette of the 'fear' i my trailer which is the 'thing' that Flick talks to. The silhouette that I have used at the minute is just a a mysterious looking figure from google images, however I will be drawing my own version to put in shortly. I just wanted to see if it would work before I spent the time making my own. I have now put in my 'knife scene' which wasn't originally planned in my first storyboards, however again my trailer was lacking the tension that a horror trailer should give and it was too 'artsy' to be a horror, it was more leaning towards a thriller. The final big change that I have made to my trailer it the music, I spent may weeks try to figure about why I couldn't increase the tension or speed of my trailer and then I realised that it was the music. I have now removed the majority of the track 'Secret' and replaced it with some royalty free tension building horror music. I feel it has made a massive impact on my trailer and it has made it come together a lot more. It has also enabled me to add in some different sound effects that previously didn't work with the orginal music choice that I had.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts