Fourth Day of Filming

03:24



Fourth Day of Filming

This was my largest filming day as it involved my two actresses doing some scenes for me. I had to do multiple takes as they were doing it for the first time when I was filming. I also had to get on with filming quite quickly as I was relying on natural daylight for some locations of filming in the house so this limited their practise time. The first scene I filmed was the girls walking up and down the stairs, the natural lighting for this looked very effective to I chose not to add any extra lighting. I had to re-film this a few times to get timings correct, as well as the girls hearing me when I tell them to start as there were a few instances when one would hear me and the other wouldn’t, which led to some confusion. I then filmed Flick hiding the box, I asked her to look obviously suspicious as my trailer is intending to not reveal a lot of narrative so I am adding in very few, but obvious hints at my narrative. I then filmed the girls going into the place where Flick hid the box.  I decided to film this from a few different angles to make it look less staged when it comes to editing. After this I filmed Flick and Effy running off upstairs, this was my weakest piece of footage as they kept looking directly at the camera, so it doesn’t look too professional. Finally, I took a few atmospheric shots of slow zooming outside of the window and focus on nature to incorporate some verisimilitude into my trailer as I want it to seem somewhat realistic as this will make it scarier to the audience – I found this out from my market research. I also filmed their pet fish swimming around to test the camera focus but I feel this could be effective in my trailer somewhere, to again incorporate more verisimilitude.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts